BRIAN O. MEALY
- Mealy, 43, of Mattituck, is also running on the Working Families line. He is a clerk at Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport and also works part time in member services at Peconic Landing. He studied history and political science at the University of Connecticut.
- He is a former Mattituck-Cutchogue school board member. He is a member of the Suffolk County Sheriff Department's Community Advisory Board and on the board of Peconic Green Growth.
- He was honored by the town's Anti-Bias Task Force with the 2018 Helen Wright Prince award for his service to the community. He also has served on the board of the environmental nonprofit Peconic Green Growth.
- He would address the town's need for affordable and attainable housing by working with builders, developers and supporting recommendations of the town's Housing Advisory Commission.
- Improving water quality and protecting the aquifer are key considerations. He would urge residents to update septic systems to better contain nitrogen pollution and work to update the town's environmental codes and zoning to protect the environment.
- Mealy said the town needs to update its Comprehensive Plan and begin to implement recommendations so growth reflects what residents want. "We have to grow in a smart and capable way."