Watch our video on Town of Southold election issues
ANNE H. SMITH
- Smith, 67, of Mattituck, is making her first bid for office and is also running on the Working Families line.
- She earned her doctorate in educational leadership at St. John’s University and retired in 2018 as Mattituck-Cutchogue superintendent of schools. She also taught graduate classes in leadership at St. John’s University and Long Island University.
- She is a past president of the Mattituck-Laurel Civic Association, works with the town’s Housing Advisory Coalition and Anti-Bias Task Force and is a member of the Police Review Task Force.
- Smith said she would work to bring people together and identify and solve problems, and also work to retain the small-town feel by keeping people connected with health and wellness efforts.
- She said she supports ongoing efforts to protect the environment, shoreline and waterways and will work to help ease the housing challenges families face.
- She said the town needs to make sure there are enough residents to ensure continuing volunteers for area fire departments, that roads are safe and that customers can reach the town’s small businesses.