Watch our video on Town of Southold election issues
WILLIAM J. FLINTER
- Flinter, 37, of Mattituck, is making his first bid for office. He also is running on the Working Families line.
- He is a Mattituck High School grad and earned a degree in finance at Siena College.
- He has worked at several area banks, and is now a relationship banker at the M&T Bank in Cutchogue. He is a director of the Mattituck-Laurel Civic Association.
- Flinter said that if elected he would work to improve functionality and move the assessor office records from index cards to digital systems.
- He said he would work to streamline processes so it’s possible to quickly get data insights and statistics from tax records.
- He said he will work hard on what he called a potentially “huge undertaking” if the town decides to do a townwide property reassessment, its first since 1967.