- Rodriguez, 39, was born in Guatemala and emigrated to America as a youth, then became an American citizen.
- She was a mother at 15 years old and, as she puts it, she “never lost hope that I could provide for my family."
- She began her women’s fitness business, now called Ultimate Sweat Zone, at 21.
- She is also the producer and host of TV and radio shows about empowering women and a fitness, cancer wellness and dance instructor as well as motivational speaker.
- She has been president of the Brentwood Chamber of Commerce and a member of the Brentwood PTA.
- Rodriguez said her priorities include reducing what she said are skyrocketing crime and record inflation.
- She said she will work to change the “disastrous bail reform laws” enacted by Democrats that have eliminated bail for most non-violent felonies and will “put victims first.”
- She said she would seek to expand the opportunity for home ownership to younger New Yorkers.
- She promises to be an independent voice and a senator who can work with Democrats to expand mental health care, combat homelessness and create more well-paid jobs.