TERESA J. BRYANT
- Bryant, 60, of Central Islip, is running for Suffolk County Legislature 9th District.
- She is a Registered Nurse who received an associate degree (Farmingdale State College), is a Certified Legal Nurse Consultant (Molloy University) and has a PhD in psychology from St. Thomas University.
- She worked for the Suffolk County Department of Social Services and the Central Islip School District, and has more than 30 years’ experience as a community leader, including with the Islip chapter of the NAACP and the Central Islip Civic Council.
- Bryant said she wants to improve residents’ quality of life and address the mental health and homeless crises.
- She said she wants to support law enforcement by advocating for ongoing training to help keep officers and the community safe.
- She said she supports small-business sustainability and growth.