- Ahmad, 69, of Hewlett, is running for the Legislature for the first time.
- He is a graduate of Aligarh Muslim University in India and has lived in Hewlett for 34 years.
- He has worked in New York City’s Department of Housing Preservation and Development, the Department of Design and Construction and the Department of Sanitation. He spent over 27 years at the city’s Housing Authority and is retired from the sanitation department.
- Ahmad said he supports safe and affordable housing in Nassau County but is against the overdevelopment of the Five Towns area in the district.
- He said he advocates for stricter gun control laws and more resources to prevent illegal drugs from entering the county.
- He said he will protect Nassau’s natural resources and promote sustainable environmental issues.