- Rosamaria Abbate, 52, of Port Jefferson is running on the Democratic, Republican and Conservative party lines in the general election.
- Abbate has served as senior principal law clerk to Presiding Justice Hector D. LaSalle of the Appellate Division Second Department since January 2008.
- From 1998-2008, she was an assistant district attorney for the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office prosecuting criminal cases.
- From 1995 to 1998, she was an assistant county Attorney with the Suffolk County Attorney’s Office handling civil matters.
- She received her bachelor’s degree from Stony Brook University in 1992 and her law degree from Touro University’s Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center in 1995.
- She was admitted to the New York State bar in 1996. She is a member of the New York State Bar Association and the Suffolk County Bar Association.
Man dies in house fire ... $6M spent on Suffolk exec race ... Setting a holiday table Man dies in house fire ... Animal cruelty charge ... $6M spent on Suffolk exec race ... Setting a holiday table