PETER S. FISHKIND
- Fishkind, 28, of Great Neck Plaza, was a commercial litigation attorney for a New York City-based law firm from 2017 to April 2021. He said he resigned earlier this year to focus on the campaign. He’s also running on the Common Sense line.
- This is Fishkind’s first time running for public office.
- He earned a bachelor’s degree from George Washington University and a law degree from the University of Pennsylvania Law School.
- Fishkind said he will find ways to support commercial downtowns in his district. He wants to identify live entertainment venues to bring in foot traffic to main streets, which he said would benefit nearby restaurants and businesses as a whole.
- He said he will work to maintain the town’s AAA bond rating, which allows the town to borrow at a low interest rate for capital projects.
- He wants to build upon the town’s Project Independence program for seniors. "The program's very successful in its current form. And I think there's room for expansion," he said.