NANCY R. DELANEY
- Delaney, 75, of West Babylon, was employed for 16 years in Babylon Town Hall, working as a secretary in various departments, including the supervisor’s office and as secretary to the planning board.
- She served for seven years as director of the Tanner Park Senior Center in Copiague before retiring in 2017. Earlier this year Delaney returned to the center as a part-time worker.
- She is a graduate of John Adams High School in Ozone Park.
- Delaney said she wants to help create more affordable apartments for seniors because many on fixed incomes have to resort to renting rooms.
- She said she wants to help schools and organizations create more after-school programs to keep children safe when parents are at work.
- She said she wants to help businesses keep workers safe from COVID-19 by encouraging social distancing of workers through the reassignment, but not firing, of those who are unvaccinated.