- Zaleski, 48, is deputy superintendent of highway in the Town of Riverhead. He supervises 36 workers who maintain 416 lane miles of road in the town. He also is running on the Conservative line.
- He teaches snowplow safety to first-graders.
- Zaleski graduated from Riverhead High School in 1991.
- Zaleski pledges to fix old and cracked sidewalks that he says may cause pedestrians to trip and fall.
- He wants to address flooding by installing new drainage systems to neighborhoods that do not have them and add additional drainage to communities that need more.
- Zaleski promises to beautify town roads by increasing the frequency of grass mowing and tree maintenance, particularly during the summertime. In the winter, he wants to enhance snow removal efforts by improving the response time.