Watch our video on Town of Brookhaven election issues
MICHAEL D. KAPLAN
- Kaplan, 58, of Coram, was a Town of Huntington highway projects supervisor from 2005 to 2017. He worked for the Islip Town Department of Public Works from 1986 to 2005.
- He said he served in the U.S. Army from 1987 to 1991 and in the Army Reserves from 2008 to 2013.
- He graduated from East Islip High School.
- Kaplan said he would improve response times to residents’ concerns and improve trust between the highway department and residents.
- He said he would implement a comprehensive road rehabilitation program, including ranking streets from “worst to first.”
- He said he would focus on infrastructure issues such as drainage and would regularly inspect stormwater recharge basins.