Watch our video on Town of Islip election issues
LINDA D. VAVRICKA
- Vavricka, 42, of East Islip, is running for Islip Town Clerk.
- She has worked for multiple New York State senators — including Lee Zeldin, Thomas D. Cochrane, Phil Boyle and Alexis Weik — for the past 13 years.
- She highlighted a successful track record of planning and executing large-scale events, such as senior fairs, or “Golden Gatherings,” military appreciation breakfasts and volunteering at Mondays at Racine Cancer Care Foundation, which offers free health, beauty and wellness services to cancer patients.
- Vavricka said that if elected she would prioritize improving “[cyber]security, transparency and efficiency in the Town Clerk’s office.”
- She also said she would aim to expand access to services for disabled, elderly and veteran residents in Islip Town.
- She said she would encourage employees to take advantage of a town program that provides Spanish lessons and said she would try to bring back an evening session once a week.