Watch our video on East End election issues
KENNETH L. LEWIS JR.
- Lewis, 52, of Shelter Island, is making his first bid for town office and also is running on the Democratic and Conservative lines. He served one term on the school board from 2006 to 2009.
- He graduated from Shelter Island High School and Lebanon Valley College, where he studied English and communications.
- He has been a heavy equipment operator with the town for 11 years and previously was a pool company construction manager. He was a board member of the Island Gift of Life Foundation, a former trustee of the Mashomack Preserve and is a member of the Lions Club.
- Lewis said he would like to see more bicycle lane and shoulder established along Route 114 and will coordinate work with the state on repaving the road from ferry to ferry.
- He said he spoke with the county about the town doing preparatory excavation and demolition on the sidewalk-boardwalk along Crescent Beach.
- He said he will work to improve communication on new building projects regarding potential runoff problems and coordinate grading efforts with the town building department.