JUSTIN R. BROWN
- Brown, 30, a Uniondale native who recently moved to Baldwin, is a health care administrator at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. This is his first time running for public office. He also is running on the Working Families and Common Sense lines.
- He served one term on the Uniondale school board and is the president of the Nassau County Board of Visitors. He is a 2009 graduate of Uniondale Senior High School.
- He holds a bachelor's degree in criminal justice from St. Thomas Aquinas College and a master's degree in health care administration from Hofstra University.
- Brown says if elected, he would use his professional administrative experience to update the operations of the county clerk's office by providing increased accessibility to residents.
- He would update processes to provide timely solutions, using his leadership skills "to create a customer service first culture" in the office.
- He said he recognizes the clerk's office as an essential function to the county and will focus on modernizing it, including upgrades to technology.