JOHN J. GIUFFRE
- Giuffre, 59, of Stewart Manor, is running for his second term.
- He is an attorney focusing on litigation, estate law, zoning and real estate law. He holds a bachelor’s from Columbia University and a law degree from the University of Pennsylvania.
- He is an active member of the Floral Park Lions Club, the Covert Avenue Chamber of Commerce and the New Hyde Park Chamber of Commerce.
- Giuffre said he opposes using county resources to house and care for asylum-seeking migrants.
- He said his top priorities are cutting property taxes and that he supports County Executive Bruce Blakeman’s multiyear plan that eliminated his predecessor Laura Curran’s plan to phase in a rise in the county tax levy.
- He said he voted to give the Las Vegas Sands casino resort company the lease for the Nassau Coliseum site.