JOHN J. GIUFFRE
- Giuffre, 57, of Stewart Manor, is a personal injury attorney at his own law firm. He serves on the Zoning Board of Appeals for the Village of Stewart Manor and the Ethics Board for Hempstead Town. In his first run for public office he is also on the Conservative and Tax Revolt party lines.
- He said his attorney skills could be used in the legislature to negotiate compromises that preserve everyone’s core beliefs.
- He received a bachelor's degree from Columbia College and a law degree from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Giuffre wants to examine infrastructure spending, especially its impact on climate change. He would like to harden shorelines against beach erosion and flooding, prevent excessive runoff and upgrade sewers.
- He said he walks to work, and citing Patchogue's downtown as an example, he would foster "compact" walkable communities in Nassau to reduce the carbon footprint.
- He believes accountability in the tax assessment system is best achieved by having an elected assessor, rather than an appointed one.