Watch our video on Town of Oyster Bay election issues
JARED S. BEHR
- Behr, 38, of Plainview, is making his first bid for political office.
- He is a personal injury attorney and former Suffolk County assistant district attorney,
- He graduated from New York University and the Touro University Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center.
- Behr said he wants to strengthen the town ethics code, disband the current ethics board and replace the ethics counsel.
- His priorities include investing in road maintenance townwide, developing additional housing that is affordable for younger families and focusing on transit-oriented development.
- He said he wants to hold a public referendum on the creation of town board districts so that council members represent specific areas of the town rather than being at-large representatives.