- Scheiner, 28, of Lynbrook, is a vice president at Simon Paston & Sons Agency, an insurance company.
- He was a campaign manager to former Rep. Tom Suozzi and was a director for the American Israel Public Affairs Committee.
- He graduated with a bachelor’s in political science from Temple University.
- Scheiner said if elected he would work to fix the county property tax assessment system, capping the amount that tax grievance firms can charge homeowners and reducing other fees, including fines for red-light camera tickets.
- He would advocate for increased police funding, enhanced training and improved mental health resources.
- He would invest in new roads, parks and infrastructure through the county’s capital plan and work to ensure that new housing developments have direct local community support.