JACOB I. SCHUSTER
- Schuster, 26, of Bellmore, is making his first run for public office. He is also running on the Working Families party line.
- Schuster has a bachelor of business administration in finance from Hofstra University and a law degree from the University of Tulsa College of Law in Oklahoma.
- Schuster is a law clerk at Tenenbaum Law, P.C. in Melville. Schuster was a volunteer emergency medical technician for the Bellmore Fire Department and the Bellmore-Merrick EMS (Emergency Medical Services). In 2018 he worked in the district office of State Sen. John E. Brooks (D-Massapequa).
- Schuster said Nassau County is in an affordable housing crisis. He said, "If we want to keep Long Island a viable option not only for the next generation, but also for our seniors currently living on fixed income, we must work to enact change now."
- He said, "Not only do we need a plan in place to better prepare for the next Superstorm Sandy — we need to make sure our local government understands and is prepared to handle the effects that climate change is having on our community"
- Schuster said that he stands for "inclusion and transparency in local government" so that "people who aren’t involved in government feel they have a say."