IRA P. COSTELL
- Costell, 63, of Port Jefferson Station, is chief operating officer of Rimflow Engineers, which provides services for the public pool industry. He is a member of the family advisory committee of nonprofit Families in Support of Treatment and serves as its legislative liaison.
- He said he has previously held positions with organizations such as the Suffolk County Pine Barrens Review Commission and the Suffolk County Watershed Protection Advisory Committee.
- Costell received an associate degree in 1979 from Suffolk County Community College, a bachelor’s degree in political science in 1981 from C.W. Post College, and a master's degree in environmental planning in 1983 from the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill.
- Costell said he would increase transparency in the town clerk's office by improving distribution of information throughout the town and making maps for proposed projects more accessible.
- He said he would revise the clerk's website and make the town call center more efficient.
- He said the clerk's office should be used to raise awareness of drug abuse and prevention, and the call center should route calls regarding substance abuse to government and nonprofit programs and services.