Watch our video on Town of Hempstead election issues
INGRID G. IZAGUIRRE
- Izaguirre, 52, of Valley Stream, is a team leader in marketing for Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Plan.
- She volunteers at food pantries and helps to connect residents with community-based organizations for health and other services.
- She graduated from John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
- Izaguirre said residents are concerned about crime, such as car thefts, antisemitic-based incidents and shootings.
- She proposes working with state and federal agencies, and would form community coalitions to address concerns about crime.
- She said she wants to see greater efforts to address the diversity of the town’s residents by providing more language assistance, such as translation services, or helping elderly residents apply for Medicare, Social Security and other government benefits and services.