Watch our video on East End election issues
GRETTA I. LEON
- Leon, 36, was born in Costa Rica and raised in East Hampton. This is her first bid for public office.
- She studied at the Latin American University of Science and Technology in Costa Rica and earned a master’s in organizational dynamics from the University of Pennsylvania.
- She lives in East Hampton and works in an office for a landscaping company.
- Leon said she’s running for supervisor to put people first and create positive change in her hometown. She cited her education at the University of Pennsylvania as a strength and said she’d bring an “integrated” approach to town all by involving residents.
- Her top priorities include searching for solutions to local issues, including the future of the East Hampton Airport. She said the town’s attempt to close the facility was a mistake.
- Cost and quality of living, housing and economic issues go hand in hand, she said. “[The Hamptons] is seen as a seasonal place, but that’s not true,” she said, emphasizing the importance of stabilizing the economy year-round.