DOMINICK S. THORNE
- Thorne, 54, of Patchogue Village, works at the Suffolk County Board of Elections. Previously, he was a troubleshooting manager for an auto repair service. He is also running on the Conservative Party line.
- Thorne was a volunteer firefighter with the North Patchogue Fire Department and a volunteer emergency medical technician with the Patchogue Ambulance Company.
- Thorne graduated from MacArthur High School in Levittown.
- Thorne opposes Suffolk County’s new public campaign financing program. He wants to use that money to hire at least five additional social workers to help the county’s Child Protective Services department reduce large caseloads.
- To attract and retain public health nurses, Thorne wants to increase the base pay to make salaries competitive to the private sector.
- He opposes New York State’s vaccine mandate for health care workers, which he says have forced some nurses, doctors, and other health care professionals to quit in the midst of a global coronavirus pandemic.