DAVID L. FILER
- Filer, 61, of East Hampton, is running on the Democratic and Working Family party lines in the general election.
- Since 2019 he has been a partner with Richard Whalen in the general law practice of Whalen Filer PLLC in Amagansett.
- Filer was general counsel of the East Hampton nonprofit Organizacion Latino Americana (OLA) of Eastern Long Island from November 2020 to June 2022.
- He was an assistant district attorney in the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office from 2002 to 2018.
- He earned an undergraduate degree in 1985 from Lynchburg College in Virginia, and returned there to receive a master’s degree in 1991. He earned a Juris Doctor from Brooklyn Law School in 2002.
- He was admitted to the New York State Bar in 2003.