DANIEL J. GOODWIN
- Goodwin, 33, of Cutchogue, is running on the Democratic and Working Families lines. He earned a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from Western New England College.
- He works for an environmental services company on projects in the renewable energy, industrial services, capital improvement and emergency response fields.
- He is a committee member with the Peconic Bay Chapter of Ducks Unlimited and a mentor with the Southold High School robotics team.
- He said he wants to be responsive to the community and develop a plan that outlines priorities for road maintenance and repaving, along with a capital plan for equipment repair and purchases that considers the safety of residents and town employees.
- Goodwin would work within the town's budget and rank pressing road repair and drainage issues, and try to get creative and look for funding sources through grants or from the state. Community outreach and communication will be a focus, Goodwin said.
- He would work closely with the town engineer to eliminate outfalls and improve drainage to help preserve water quality.