- Alter, 46, of Plainview, is making his first run for public office. He is also running on the Conservative party line.
- Alter immigrated with his family to the United States from Israel when he was 10 and is a citizen of both nations. Alter is a professor of restorative dentistry at The New York City College of Technology in Brooklyn.
- He earned a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry from Queens College, CUNY, in Flushing, a master’s degree in business management and organizational leadership from the CUNY Graduate Center in Manhattan, and a master’s in dental technology from New York University Dental School in Manhattan.
- Alter said that with his background, "I have the tools, knowledge and experience to tackle issues to make Nassau County a better place to live and work."
- Alter said that he will examine the county reassessment process, which he said has been conducted with "a lack of transparency," and seek to return to taxpayers what he called the county’s "excessive surplus" and pass tax cuts.
- Alter said he supports the police. Wants public safety to the best for all residents.