- Macco, 36, of Halesite, is a bankruptcy and foreclosure lawyer.
- He has a law degree from St. John's University and works in his family law firm.
- He earned his undergrad degree in mathematics at Long Island University, C.W. Post Campus.
- Macco said he will work to secure more funding to increase the reach of sewer systems on Long Island and promote more sustainable septic systems in areas where sewers can't reach.
- It's important to expand pre-K tax credits and expand access to universal prekindergarten programs and Macco said he will work to make that happen. "That will help get more people to stay on Long Island," he said. "Child care is expensive, it's about like another mortgage payment."
- Macco said he would work to expand service on the LIRR and establish more regional hubs. More frequent train service past Huntington would benefit commuters as more people move east seeking housing affordability, he said.