Watch our video on Town of North Hempstead election issues
- Liu, 47, of New Hyde Park, is seeking her first term on the North Hempstead Town Board.
- She is a former attorney for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and is now a community liaison for Assemb. Gina Sillitti. She is vice president of Nassau County Asian Advisory Council and co-founder of the Herricks Chinese Association.
- She graduated from New York University and Regent University School of Law.
- Liu said one of her top priorities is to work with law enforcement to increase public safety and, as an Asian American candidate, she especially recognizes the need to combat hate crimes.
- She said she supports the revitalization of North Hempstead’s downtowns and businesses and wants to provide more senior housing options, programs and services.
- She said she wants to support school districts and safeguard residents’ quality of life in the town.