- Simpson, 39, of Hauppauge, is owner of Heights Realty Investment Group. Previously, she was regional director of commercial real estate for various investment banks, commercial banks and lending institutions. She is also running on the Working Families Party line.
- She is president of Bretton Woods Elementary School Parents Teachers Association and a member of the Central Islip Civic Council and Urban League of Long Island.
- Simpson earned her bachelor’s degree from Dartmouth College in 2006 and master of business administration from Columbia University in 2013.
- Simpson proposes that legislators hold public meetings in the evenings and on the weekends to make it convenient for residents, particularly when lawmakers are putting together the county budget.
- She promises to work to bring affordable housing projects that include public space and provide on-site services such as child care, health services and job training.
- Simpson promises to work to ensure that county services, especially those for families and children, are distributed fairly across all communities.