Watch our video on Town of Brookhaven election issues
CAMERON J. TRENT
- Trent, 26, of Brookhaven, works in the supervisor’s office addressing constituents’ concerns.
- He is serving his second term on the South Country Central School District’s Board of Education.
- Since 2019 he has been a member of the South Country Library Board.
- Trent said the toxic chemicals leaking in the groundwater and harmful odors from the landfill are a top concern and that Brookhaven is making money off a landfill that is costing residents their health.
- He said addressing Brookhaven’s high cost of living is a priority. He is calling for all resources to be used to address the issue, among them grant programs and community housing trusts.
- He said he supports developing a plan for how Brookhaven will make up the shortfall when it loses almost 50% of its revenue when the landfill closes.