BRENDAN R. SWEENEY
- Sweeney, 28, of Shoreham, is a citizens advocate in the office of Brookhaven Supervisor Edward P. Romaine. Previously he worked in the town Building Department, the town Department of General Services and the town Law Department.
- In his various roles, Sweeney has worked on issues such as abandoned houses and constituent affairs, especially building issues. He also has worked on Freedom of Information Law compliance in the town building and planning departments.
- Sweeney graduated from St. Anthony’s High School in South Huntington and received a bachelor’s degree in history in 2014 from the University of Florida. He said he is enrolled at Touro Law School in Central Islip.
- Sweeney said he would focus on quality of life issues, such as blighted houses and the impact of homelessness on communities.
- He said he favors changing the county term limits law by closing a loophole that allows former legislators who served the maximum 12 years to run again after leaving office.
- Sweeney said he would improve public safety by supporting police and give them the resources they need to deal with quality of life issues.