- Bernadin Fleurima, 53, of Valley Stream, is running on the Republican and Conservative party lines. She immigrated to the United States from Haiti in 1990.
- Fleurima currently serves as pastor of Shalom Ministries Foundation Seventh Day Adventist in Valley Stream.
- Fleurima’s career has focused on helping those in need, particularly with housing issues and those battling substance abuse.
- Fleurima supports allocating special funding from the county’s recent opioid settlements toward treating those fighting drug addiction.
- She wants to build relationships between police and community in the Third District.
- Fleurima would use the county’s budget surplus to deliver tax cuts to residents who are still recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic.