- Aaron Meyer, 42, of Oceanside is running on the Democratic and Common Sense party lines. He is an attorney.
- He has a law degree from Touro Law Center and a bachelor's from New School University, studying Middle Eastern Politics and History.
- He is also an author and advocates on behalf of minorities within Iran, and issues affecting the Jewish community.
- Meyer said he is running for office to stop luxury apartment complexes from being approved at taxpayer expense. He said local government should not greenlight improper zoning changes and tax breaks such as for projects in Oceanside and East Rockaway.
- He is opposed to overdevelopment in neighborhoods because South Shore communities don't have the infrastructure to support it and it does not address the housing shortage to keep young professionals on Long Island.
- Meyer said the town and the IDA should promote construction to keep younger generations living in the town, who can commute to their jobs. He said two-story garden-style affordable apartment buildings should be prioritized in keeping with existing zoning.