- Sultan, of Dix Hills, 54, is making his first run for an elective office.
- He also is running on the Conservative line.
- He is a technology business owner.
- He received a bachelor’s degree in computer science from New York University and a postgraduate certificate in artificial intelligence and machine learning from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Sultan said one priority is to address crime and that includes repealing cashless bail and seeking funding to enable police.
- He said he wants to fight inflation and spur economic growth by curbing excessive spending while also implementing cost cutting.
- He will also seek funding for job creation by creating skills-based training programs with BOCES and community colleges.
- He said he was prompted to run over his concern about the “sexualization of kids” in schools. He said he wants to put an end to gender identity learning in schools and for parents to have more influence on the policies and curriculum surrounding the subject.