College: Michigan State
Conference: Big Ten
- 2017 guaranteed pay: $4,114,480
- Total contract pay: $34,101,680
- Contract length: rolling 6 year term
- Start date: 1/1/2016
- Expires: 1/15/2023
- Retention bonus: $700,000 every July 1; $4,300,000 if he’s still the coach on 1/15/20
- National title bonus: $375,000
- CFP semifinal win: $300,000
- CFP semifinal appearance: $275,000
- Conference title bonus: $100,000
- Conference regular season division title bonus: $100,000
- Coach of the year award bonus: $25,000 for conference coach of year; $50,000 for national coach of year
- Car: two cars
- Tickets: 60 tickets to home games, including 24 for a suite; season tickets for football (6), hockey (4), men’s and women’s basketball (4).
- Golf/country club: membership in country club of coach’s choice, Michigan Athletic Club and University Club of Michigan State University.
- Private jet use: 25 hours of private jet use a year; one-year,
- Miscellaneous perks: $2,000,000 term life insurance; $1,000,000 contract if he stops coaching 1/15/20 — salary rises to $1,700,000 if he starts after that date.
- Buyout if coach leaves for another coaching job: $875,000
College Football Videos