College: Kansas State
Conference: Big 12
- 2017 guaranteed pay: $3,150,000
- Total contract pay: $14,750,000
- Contract length: 5 years
- Start date: 2/1/2013
- Expires: 1/31/2018*
- Retention bonus: after he’s done coaching he becomes Special Assistant to the Athletic Director at $250,000 per year
- National title bonus: $350,000
- CFP semifinal win: $250,000
- CFP semifinal appearance: $175,000
- Conference title bonus: $50,000 for third place, $75,000 for second, $100,000 for first
- Coach of the year award bonus: $30,000 for national coach of year;
- National poll bonus: $100,000 if in top 10 of final poll; $50,000 for final top 20.
- Car: one car, and $19,000 stipend
- Tickets: catered suite including 12 tickets and 12 additional suite passes; 8 season football tickets; 8 men’s basketball and 4 women’s basketball tickets and tournament tickets.
- Golf/country club: membership in Manhattan Country Club.
- Private jet use: 10 hours of private jet use per year
- Miscellaneous perks: family membership at KSU Rec Complex and Ahearn Natatorium; one “executive physical examination” per year at either Mayo Clinic or Scripps Health including travel.
- Buyout if coach leaves for another coaching job: *contract has rollover clause that automatically extends it one year after each year, making it a continuous five-year contract
College Football Videos